Blog Post #19 - Camera Angles

 

    As I took on the role of the camera man(I told my parents/colleagues which angle to film from), I needed to be creative and experimental when it comes to capturing a shot. By trying out different camera angles, I added variety and depth to the scene and created a more dynamic and engaging shot. I considered various different camera angles throughout my filming of the project. Here are some of the camera angles I considered trying:

    Eye-Level Shot: This is a common camera angle where the camera is positioned at eye level of the subjects. This can be used to create a natural and realistic view of the scene.

    Low Angle Shot: In this shot, the camera is positioned low to the ground and tilted upward to create a sense of power or dominance. This can be used to make the subject appear larger than life.


    High Angle Shot: In this shot, the camera is positioned high above the subject and pointed downward to create a sense of vulnerability or weakness. This can be used to make the subject appear small and powerless.

    Point-of-View Shot: In this shot, the camera is positioned to show the scene from the perspective of a character. This can be used to make the viewer feel like they are in the scene.


    Tracking Shot: This shot moves with the subject, following them through the scene. This can be used to add movement and energy to the scene.

    Close-Up Shot: This shot is taken from close range, focusing on a specific detail or part of the subject. This can be used to show emotion or to highlight a key detail.

    Wide Shot: This shot captures the entire scene, showing the subject and their surroundings. This can be used to establish the setting or to show the subject in relation to their surroundings.


Although I did not use some of these camera angles in my film, it was still important to consider them and knowing what they meant.

Comments

Popular Posts