Blog Post #17 - Camera Problems

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote blog post #15 about a week ago, but things took a turn for the worse to say the least. I managed to break the camera that I was going to use for the project in an unfortunate accident. I had the camera laying in the backseat of my car for a little while because I forgot to bring it inside my house. I picked up a few friends late at night to just drive around and spend some time with each other, but as they left my car at the end of the night, the camera got clipped onto my friend who was getting out of the car and it fell down on the ground.  

 

It was a feeling of shock and disbelief that washed over me when I realized that my video camera was broken. I was so careful with my camera up until that moment to ensure nothing bad happened, and always made sure to handle it with care. But despite my best efforts, the lens was shattered beyond repair and one of the parts at the top of the camera broke. I was feeling overwhelmed and defeated, knowing that this setback was going to throw off all my plans for the film.

Anyone know where I can find a replacement battery door? (Sony ZV-1) :  r/SonyAlpha


With a heavy heart, I started to consider my options. I didn't really know how I was going to make it work without a camera and I was starting to feel like all my hard work and preparation had been for nothing. But in the end i'm deciding to use my mom's iPhone 12 since the camera quality is pretty high quality and can compete with the camera I bought earlier. 

 

I think that this experience has definitely taught me the importance of having a backup plan. It reminded me that no matter what obstacles come my way, I can overcome them with determination and a positive attitude. I'm grateful for this experience, and I'm even more determined to keep pursuing this project and successfully completing it.

Comments

Popular Posts