Blog Post #16 - Use of Contact Lenses

I have made the decision to use red contact lenses in my project considering the fact that it can be a powerful tool in evoking fear and terror in an audience. I can also use them in my film as a way of giving background information/details about a character that the viewers can speculate. For example, if I have a person running away in my movie, I can make them wear red contact lenses to hint to the audience that the person is in obvious stress/tension.


My plan is to use red contact lenses in a variety of different ways to invoke horror, depending on the specific needs of the story I am creating. For example, I will use red contact lenses on a mysterious person that the audience does not know anything about to give them a disturbing and otherworldly appearance that will immediately set them apart from their human counterparts. By covering the eyes with a solid red tint, these characters will become more intimidating and frightening, heightening the sense of danger and unease that they bring to the story.

FDA warns against illegal colored contact lenses for Halloween

I can also use red contact lenses to create a more frightening appearance for a character who has suffered from some kind of traumatic experience or has been exposed to extreme violence. For example, if there is a character who has gone mad as a result of their experiences, I will use red contact lenses to give them a crazed and unstable appearance that will immediately evoke a sense of horror and unease in the audience.

I believe that the use of red contact lenses can be a highly effective tool in creating a sense of horror and suspense, and I am confident that they will play a major role in my project. I am eager to explore the full potential of red contact lenses and to use them as a way to create an extra element of fear and tension.

Comments

Popular Posts